By chance, right after my “ODC Appreciation Day” post, I’ve been asked to convert a database from character set WE8ISO8859P1 to AL32UTF8 with DMU. Apart from a few well-known issues described in MOS note 2018250.1, I got a “Need conversion” row on table
WRI$_SQLSET_DEFINITIONS in data dictionary.
Section D.11 of MOS note 2018250.1 states that you can remove “Invalid Binary Representation” in AWR tables (WRI$_%, WRH$_%, WRR$_%) by following MOS note 782974.1 to drop and recreate AWR. I tried this solution as a last resort. Unfortunately, after using
catnoawr.sql, most of
WRI$_% tables are still there, only 3 of them are dropped. And of course,
WRI$_SQLSET_DEFINITIONS remains intact.